By O. Smith
Read Online or Download Contemporary Adulthood and the Night-Time Economy (Leisure Studies in a Global Era) PDF
Similar sociology of sports books
Texas is a various country. however the something that binds Texans greater than their country delight, much more than faith, is soccer. For the various cities and towns of Texas, highschool soccer is greater than a game or an extracurricular activity—it’s the glue in their group. writer grey Levy, a highschool soccer trainer for greater than twenty years, grew to become dissatisfied with the nation of the schooling method national and traveled to Texas, a spot the place highschool soccer nonetheless concerns, to work out simply what colleges and groups have been doing correct.
With enterprise doubtless in all places on tv, from the dangers of the retail and eating place alternate to pitching for funding or competing to develop into the following 'apprentice', the tv marketers attracts upon renowned business-oriented exhibits equivalent to The Apprentice and Dragons' Den to discover the connection among tv and enterprise.
This not easy new research examines gender and sexuality when it comes to the ‘roving colonialism’ of activity mega-events. equipped round 4 case reviews in postcolonial and settler colonial contexts—the Olympics in Vancouver, London and Sochi and football lovers within the Egyptian revolution—the booklet examines carrying 'homonationalism' and anti-colonial resistance.
In his persuasive learn The everlasting current of game, Daniel Grano rethinks the sport-religion courting by means of positioning recreation as a resource of theological hassle. targeting our bodies, time, circulate, and reminiscence, he demonstrates how detrimental theology might be essentially and theoretically necessary as a critique of elite televised activity.
- Sport Fitness Culture (Sport, Culture & Society)
- Lifestyle Mobilities: Intersections of Travel, Leisure and Migration (Current Developments in the Geographies of Leisure and Touri)
- The Impact and Evaluation of Major Sporting Events (Sport in the Global Society)
- Artistic Impressions: Figure Skating, Masculinity, and the Limits of Sport
- Leistungsgesellschaft und Doping: "High Society" - über Leistungsprinzip und Alltagsdoping (German Edition)
- Not Just a Soccer Game: Colonialism and Conflict Among Palestinians in Israel (Syracuse Studies on Peace and Conflict Resolution)
Additional info for Contemporary Adulthood and the Night-Time Economy (Leisure Studies in a Global Era)
Contemporary Adulthood and the Night-Time Economy (Leisure Studies in a Global Era) by O. Smith